Schlumberger Welder (Reslink location) in Houston, Texas
Welder (Reslink location)
Accepting resumes for second shift welders.
The Welder performs maintenance and fabrication welding of the Rig and related equipment.
Service quality, job preparation, planning and safety are key priorities.
The Welder reports directly to the Production Manager
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Participates in pre-tour and tool-box meetings with all members of the Rig crew.
• Is always fully compliant with the requirements of the QHSE policies, standards, and wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
• Maintains all equipment in good, safe working order according to standards and reports any problem or deviation.
• Responsible for general fabrication and repair work that require welding or torch cutting.
• Works closely with maintenance and barge departments (when offshore).
• Fabricates and fits equipment structure tools, etc.
• Maintains supply of oxygen and acetylene bottles.
• Performs maintenance of welding tools, leads and cutting lose.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
• Is a certified Welder as per the local regulations
• Has the Knowledge, Skills and Ability for the position of Welder.
• Has completed Training as per Company requirement for the position.
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
• Has attained a proficiency level for the position based on the Competency Catalog.
• Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations
• Is a relentless and versatile learner
• Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish
• Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions
• Is personally committed to continuous improvement
• Listens and is able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
Job Ref: 107147